The Alta III is ideal for all walking activities to the highest level. It is our jacket of choice for walking the Munros however it is equally suited in our experience to high level Himalayian trekking.
Mountain walking involves exertion while moving, potentially being exposed to severe weather at height. The Alta III has efficient moisture control to prevent chilling and ventilation options to control temperature minimising clothing changes. Its walker-friendly features makes it a perfect walking jacket.
- Directional Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric
- Upper arm vents with mesh Pump Liner for temperature control on the move without water ingress.
- Increased comfort when load-carrying from rapid-drying mesh Pump Liner reinforcement on shoulders and back.
- Six pockets for essential equipment
- Two handwarming pockets.
- Secure 'fast access' chest pocket with D-ring attachment.
- Large external working pocket for maps.
- Secure internal map-sized chest pocket.
- Secure internal pocket on chest for valuables.
- Wide field of vision from precisely adjustable, wired-peak hood which stows in collar. Works well with goggles or spectacles.
- Shoulder and arm articulation gives maximum movement without jacket riding up.
- Two-way locking front zip with poppered internal storm flap allows ventilation and access to inner layers.
- Adjustable cuffs easily pushed up or rolled for cooling.
- Waist cord adjustment for precise fit. Concealed cords and locks throughout improve water/ snow shedding