- About Us
Our Contact details:
VAT Number 816915513
Hillgear® is a registered trademark and trading name of Hilltrek Ltd
Registered office as above
Company Registration Number SC201091
- Making A Purchase
- Our aim is to ensure that your shopping experience with us is as easy as possible.
- Browse our on line store and add any items that you wish to buy to the shopping basket. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for all details that we need to be able to complete the order.
- We accept credit card payment. If you are shopping from a country outside the UK place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to the appropriate currency rate. Please note that all orders via the website take full payment at the time of placing an order.
- We will acknowledge all orders placed however, it only indicates we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us nor does it indicate that we have guaranteed to validate the order and supply goods. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice and dispatch the goods. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
- If your order is not accepted we will cancel the order, notify you by e–mail and arrange a refund generally refunding by the method of original payment when the order was placed.
- International payments may be subject to currency conversion charges by your credit card provider or Paypal.
- Shipping And Handling
- We reserve the right to choose the most efficient and effective delivery option available. This may be Royal Mail or a Courier Service.
- Where an item is in stock it will be dispatched immediately – most courier services deliver within 3 / 5 working days of dispatch (UK only; international deliveries take longer). All deliveries of orders over £60 are subject to tracking and details will be provided if you request them.
- Our charges are set out below :
- UK: £2.50 for orders of value less than £60; £7.95 for orders of value £60 and above; free on orders above £350.
- EU orders outside the UK: £5.50 for orders of value less than £60; £12 for orders £60 and above.
- Worldwide outside the EU: £20.
- Promotion: Free local delivery
- Free delivery to Hillgear's local customers in postcode areas: AB, DD, IV, PH, PA, FK, ZE.
- Delivery Schedule
- If an item is in stock it will be dispatched immediately.
- If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be notified of this fact and retain the option to cancel the order.
- Tax Charges
- For orders made from the UK or the European Union, 20% VAT is included. All other orders are VAT free.
- Credit Card Security
- Credit card payments are handled by our secure, third party payment gateway - we do not hold or have any access to your credit card details. Credit card details are transmitted from you to the payment gateway over a secure connection.
- All goods are sold with manufacturer's warranty which is normally a lifetime guarantee against any fault of manufacture, otherwise goods are sold with warranty according to your statutory rights, which apply for the original purchaser only.
- Any claims on warranty require proof of purchase.
- Products which are damaged as a result of accident, wear and tear, improper care or negligence, or the natural breakdown of materials over time, even if accelerated by environmental conditions, are excluded from warranty.
- Hillgear® does not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
- Cookies are small files saved to the your computer that track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of our website. This allows us to operate the ecommerce features of the site and provide you with a tailored experience within it.
- Data collected by this site is used to:
- Take and fulfil customer orders.
- Administer and enhance the site and service.
- Disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
- Register to receive the Hillgear Newsletter only when you have agreed to receive it.
- Note that we use a third party digital email company to send out our newsletter. If you have registered to receive our newsletter your details will be held on an area on their server, to which we only have access. Other than this case your details will not be passed to third parties.
- Our website contains links to other services and retailers. We do not seek to guarantee them or the products and services they provide.
- Returns Policy
- You have the right to cancel within seven days of placing your order with us, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). You must inform us in writing (preferably by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org) of your intention to cancel the order or return goods to seek a refund.
- If you cancel your order, your payment will be refunded in full, usually using the method used for the original payment, once the goods are received back at Hillgear® or we receive your notice of cancellation. The refund will usually take place within 7 days.
- Charges for shipping and insuring your return package are your responsibility. Please be sure to insure the contents of your package prior to shipping as we cannot be responsible for uninsured packages.
- All goods returned must be in an unused condition and fit for re-sale as new, in the condition in which you received them, including swing tags and packaging. We reserve the right to refuse any refund if goods are returned used and not fit for re-sale as new and to charge a restocking fee of 25% of the purchased price.